The last Sunday in June, I had to preach/teach a special lesson. A lesson, that usually doesn’t get put into words very often, but we learn it along the way. We struggle with these things because we are always growing, but when they are placed out on a line and we can see it with our eyes, we begin to see them for what they really are.
Applicable key points to why and how being self-aware of your life markers; the things that make up your life and your surroundings, can help you see the world as God sees it.
What the devil wants us to see is the things that we want- that we can get with out God-, not need from God. He also makes us focus on the things that bums us out instead of giving them to God and focusing on how great God is in seasons and storms and out of them. But if we keep a constant check on us and our surroundings, we can’t miss step with God or have disappointments which are also “missed appointments”. Let’s read on…
Being Self Aware
- You can’t harm yourself or anyone else. [No harm, no foul] 1 Chronicle 16:22 + Psalms 105:15, Proverbs 3:30, Acts 28:5, Romans 13:10
- It means to “Gut Check”, spirit check, just evaluate your progress and perspective. [Gut check, Spirit check] Haggai 1:7
- Perspective is key… Always keep your focus on the things around you, how they affect you (make you feel) and your reaction to them. [Look through the eyes of heaven] 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Priorities are key… Always reorder them. Life happens, so things change, but remember God doesn’t. [Make time for what really matters] Matthew 6:33, Romans 12:2
(5-9)[What you do on the inside affects the outside] 2 Corinthians 11:22-33, 12:1-6 Ephesians 6:10-18
- Physical Awareness of your relationship with how you treat and take care of yourself, your rewards from God, and other people.
- Spiritual Awareness of how you treat yourself, Jesus, and other people.
- Mental Awareness of the enemy’s attack to your mind, and how you handle that with the whole armor of God.
- Emotional Awareness of how you react in life to situations good and bad. God gave us emotions to experience life. Not to harm life, memories, or people around us.
- It’s okay to feel tired, exhausted, frustrated and so on… Just don’t stay there.
- Balance is key, Jesus is key. Jesus never said “I am tired of being the good guy. I’m tired of carrying you, to pick you up when you fall, and to go over the same topic with you for the hundredth time.” [Find your Jesus center] John 16:33
- Move on! Your issues won’t be issues forever. Choose to solve the ones you can with the knowledge of Christ and give the rest you can’t solve to Christ. [Forgive and Forget] Matthew 6:12, Psalms 86:5
- Be wise with your words! Satan has only a few tactics in which to tempt and harm us, while God gave us simple victory with our words. So use them wisely. A good way to think about it is to say, God wants us to use Jesus wisely, since He is the Word that was is the beginning. [Wise men use wise words] Ephesians 5:4, John 1:1
B’Sweet~Stay Self Aware,