- Matthew 11:28
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
- Anyone relate? What do you do when you don’t even have the strength to fight? Where do you turn when you feel like you don’t even have the energy to turn? Well, I have one word to offer and one word alone:
- Our God is a redeemer. It’s who He is. It’s what He does. He redeems. Which means, among other things, “to make up for. to restore worth or value.” Jesus makes up for our lack. He restores our value. By dying for us, He gives us a value and worth that we could have never had or achieved on our own.
- He didn’t die for us because we were worth dying for, He died for us to make us worth dying for. Does that make sense? His life was worth mine. Not the other way around.
- And so there’s beauty to be had in every moment. God isn’t going to move because of me, He’s going to move in spite of me. He isn’t bringing glory to Himself by saving a bunch of people who get it right and who never wear out. He brings glory to Himself by redeeming the people who never got it right and who always wore out. It’s when we’re in our moments of greatest weakness that He is in His moments of greatest revelation. After all, “His strength is made perfect in weakness.”
- My friends, do not grow weary. And if you have grown weary, take rest in the thought, that all he wants from you is praise, not performance.
- He’s after a responsive people, not a self-helped one. Live loved. That’s our call. That is our job.