- Romans 1:25
who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
- II Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
- They wanted to obey God. They liked obeying Him. No one was making them. No one told them they couldn’t get freaky at clubs or drink til they threw up. They just preferred being with God. They’d get together and worship Him for the fun of it. The fun of it? I thought “fun” and “Jesus” were contradictory terms.
- It says, “In your presence is the fullness of joy, at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”
- The fullness of joy? Pleasure forever? Have you ever even considered that God is for your pleasure? Now, this seems quite counter intuitive doesn’t it? I mean, isn’t Jesus all about self denial and what not? Isn’t Christianity just putting your head in the sand, grinding it out, and keeping your nose clean?
- But the tough part is realizing that in order to get the fullest joy, and the greatest pleasure, you have to do things His way. You have to wait. Often times you have to go without. But you go without so that you can get something better.
- It can seem like Jesus is against our pleasure because we’ve believed the lie that the things He’s created are what will give us what we want. But whether it’s sex, ambition, rock n roll, isn’t it actually God we’re after?
- Friend, don’t sell yourself short. Jesus wants to give us life. It is Satan who’s out to steal, kill, and destroy. Sadly, we too often believe it’s the other way around. Don’t fall for the lie. His commands to us are the pathways to pleasure. They are the way to joy.