Chapter 6: A Little Oil
- It’s not what we do for God. It’s what we say to God- yes or no.
- Greater things are possible for you- right in the place where God has positioned you.
-The Bible, the Spirit, and Diet Mountain Dew
- Our greater potential was being unleashed- to embrace what was right in front of us and to use exactly what God had already given us.
- I didn’t despair over what I can’t do or what I don’t have… I used what was right in front of me.
-Exchanging False Expectations
- God’s greater purpose in any area of your life means giving up you false expectations of greatness to find the greater tings He’s called you to do.
- It starts where you are. You have everything you need to do all God is calling you to do right now.
-All God Needs Is All You Have
- One of the Enemies most effective strategies is to get you to focus on what you don’t have,,what you used to have, or what someone else has that you wish you had. He does this to keep you from looking in your house and asking, “God what can you do through what I have?”
- God can do exceptional things with your exception. Unfortunately, most of us operate out of an “If-then” mind set… This mindset imprisons us in the lesser loser life.
-Think Inside The Box
- What we call out-of-the-box brainstorming can really be more like wishful thinking.
- Most of the time, it’s not until we embrace our limitations that God can start to use us beyond our limitations.
- I’m not saying you shouldn’t plan ahead and you shouldn’t . Of course you should. But your box is never going to expand to accommodate the dreams outside of it until you learn to trust God in it.
- Stop waiting for what you want, and start working what you have.
- What has God already placed in your hands?
- Your greatest limitation is God’s greatest opportunity.
- Start saying yes to God right where you are. Instead of always praying, “God, bless me with more,” dare to pray, “God use what I have. Take what little I have and make it overflow.”