>Greater Notes: Chapter 3: Dragging Behind
– The Makeup of Monotony
- When you start mindlessly plowing, activites like bible study and church attendance begin to fall more into the ‘I have to’ that the ‘I get to’ category. This is where complacency incubates.
~ Pg. 26
- And we can all relate to the tendency to start mindlessly plowing our relationships.
~ Pg. 27
- Regardless of who you are and what you do, succumbing to mediocrity will sabotage your spiritual vitality.
~ Pg. 27
– God is Talking Behind Your Back
- This brings us to the crucial first step for breaking away from the inertia of good enough: Igniting God’s vision starts with becoming more acutely aware of God’s prescene in your life.
~ Pg. 29
- Psalm 139: 7-8,10
7 Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
8 If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there…
10 Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
~ Pg. 30
- It shouldn’tfreak you out to realize that God’s eyes are on you. Because He doesn’t see you through eyes of disapproval or disappointment. His prescene is not a sign of condemnation. It’s actually invitation.
~ Pg. 30
-The Cloak of Your Calling
- 1 Kings 19:19: Elisha Follows Elijah
19 So he departed from there, and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen before him, and he was with the twelfth. Then Elijah passed by him and threw his mantle on him.
~ Pg. 31
- God is often working behind the scenes of your life orchestrating His destiny for you. Even though you don’t have a clue what He’s up to. Just because you haven;t heard God call your name or tell you specifically what to do with your life doesn’t mean He’s not conspiring great things for you.
~ Pg. 32
– Find the Beat
- The thing is, you don’t have to get all wrapped in figuring out how God’s calling will come to you. Just be ready to respond in faith when it does.
~ Pg. 34